Saturday, October 13, 2007

Mom and Stan in Israel

Mom and Stan came for a visit at the tail-end of my Sukkot break. It was so great to have them here, not only because, well, it's Israel and I was excited to share my love of the country with them - but it was nice to have them see my life. We spent the a day in Tel Aviv with my friend Ran who lives in Tel Aviv.

Each of the first year Rabbinic and Education students have to give a D'var Torah, sermon, during the year. I had chosen to give mine while Mom and Stan were in town. Not only am I glad to have it over, and the experience under my belt, but it was so wonderful to have such a great cheering section! The Rosens, Rabbi Kim and Barry, were also in attendance as my resident-family-in-Israel. The timing was difficult as we'd just gotten back from two weeks of vacation, and weeks of holidays beforehand. HOWEVER, I was pleased with the finished product, and got pretty good feedback overall... and did I mention I'M DONE! YAY!

Mom and Stan were here for just about a week. We didn't do a lot of the touristy things, because, well, they had already been here before (we all came together in 1994) and had seen the major tourist sights. Instead, they got much more of an inside-track look at Israel: my favorite restaurants, school, friends, and the all-important shopping excursions. I think they had fun... I certainly had fun having them here! Sadly, it was hard to see them go. BUT as I said, we all had a great time. As evidenced in the few choice pictures below!

Mom and Stan in Jaffo

Me and Ran overlooking Tel Aviv



No comments: